1. The Royal Baby is actually Southern. Or Southerners are actually royal. Either way, Prince George is one of us, y’all.
2. Writers, Stop Writing About Writing. This is how I feel every time I try to write about writing and every time I read about writing. In a similar vein (in that it’s about writing), How to Spot Satire on the Internet. As someone who would love to write more satire, but is afraid of being taken seriously, I like the advice “you need to go for the jugular and keep a straight face.”
3. 6 Times Stephen Colbert Got Serious About Faith. Speaking of satire. It’s going to be very interesting to watch him on The Late Show, because he’s mostly played a caricature of someone (himself?) for years. In some of these instances, I’m still not sure if he’s playing someone or being himself. Either way, I love how he explains Hell to his kids (the second on the list).
4. Because it’s Good Friday, I thought we’d end with a little worship. First, the Avett Brothers:
5. This is quite possibly my favorite song of the moment. But really the entire album is my favorite. Go buy it. (Also, last week, this song debuted on Conan’s website. Just a worship song playing on TeamCoco.com all day long. LOVE that.)
Have a wonderful Easter weekend!